Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Banner mania

Do you guys love banners as much as I do?!

I feel like a banner can make a room pretty festive, and when you handmake your banner, it just adds to the festiveness! I love to use my Cricut to make banners, but nowadays there are a ton of kits you can buy to get the look for a handmade banner for less difficulty.

I love to scrapbook, but I'd like to showcase a few other ways that you can use papercrafting, so I hope you enjoy some of the banners I'm showcasing here! Be inspired!

(Sorry for the quality of some of the photos, as they're phone photos, and weren't planned for blog use.)

This is a banner I made for a baby shower earlier in the year. The baby's room is woodland theme with mint and orange colors. Another good thing about banners is that sometimes they can double as a gift for the party person, as in this case, the banner matched the baby's room.


For my son's 2nd birthday, we had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse bash. I went a little banner crazy to decorate my house for that party! I kept the name banner (which I just freehanded the different character designs on from the Disney junior website). But I actually sold the other two party banners and some "picks" to use in cakes or vases on a local "garage" sale site. The buyer was happy to get the items without having to pay for them from a place like etsy, and they were a sunk cost since I was going to make them for my party anyway, so it was nice to get a little bit of the party price back from selling them!


I even love making tiny banners as cake toppers! This is one from my grandparents' 52nd wedding anniversary cake we had at our family Christmas celebration that happened to fall on their special day.


Of course banners for holidays are my favorites. Below is my Halloween banner. There are just so many options, it's hard to choose just one design! With this banner I also added a separate pompom string of sparkle yarn. It sheds, but worth the cute look!


For the last banner of today we celebrate this past weekend of the beginning of college football season (GO VOLS!). I made this banner with the Ribbons and Rosettes cricut cartridge, and it's pretty simple, but I love it. As the holiday season progress, this football banner migrates to under the television to make room for holiday mantel decor.


That is all the banners I have to feature today. Thank you for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment