Friday, April 08, 2016

A BEEyoutiful Day in Paris + a freebie!

Today I bring you a challenge entry for the Challenge YOUrself blog & the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.

My Counterfeit Kit for April, Les Voyageurs, was made specifically for my Paris scrapbook. Well, it's quite convenient that I have many photos of myself from our Paris trip, so it fits quite well with the purpose of putting yourself in the photo at Challenge YOUrself. Also, this page ended up with so much shine & sparkle - it's definitely one of my favorites, as I love all things glitter. A page about yourself should include what you love! This month's theme is the Martina McBride song, "This one's for the girls." I was inspired by the lines, "Who dream with everything they have, All around the world." Paris was a dream come true, as well as other locations are for me, around the world!


I've been wanting to do a pinata shape, and a bee came to mind. I just ran with it and I'm really happy how it turned out!


My little beehive didn't show up as much as I would have liked, probably should have done black, but it was stuck down, so it's staying! I just adore that hexagonal washi I got a while back.

Here's a detail of my little buzzy bee. He was a little bit time consuming, but so cute & worth it!



I thought I would make a play on the title to go along with the theme of doing a page about me - and bees - haha I love a good pun!

This page was so much fun to create. I love that gold is all the rage these days - like honey! So, I've created a little svg file that can be used for pocket pages, or anything you desire. I used the free font WM Insects from Da Font.


Beehive Free Cut File

This is new territory for me, so please let me know if it doesn't work properly. Also, I would LOVE to see anything you create with this little cut file!! Leave me a comment, tag me on Instagram (@scrappinhappy), link back to this blog, whatever you prefer!

Supplies:
Cardstock - CraftSmith by Michaels
Gold Chevron paper - DCWV
Gold and Black gems - Hampton Art, Ki Memories
Gold letters - Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper
Gold Doilie - Recollections by Michaels

Thank you so much for looking & I hope you enjoy the cut file!

10 comments:

  1. Great page - I am really loving that sweet cluster at the bottom of the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever use of the hexagons on your background.They match the windows in the pyramid somehow.Love your whole layout & cute bee freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout with the hexagon design! The photo of you in front of the Louvre in Paris is amazing! Your play on words with bee and the bee hive is fabulous, too! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! We are very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Love that little bee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable! Love all the black, yellow and gold...Pinata is so original-great translation of the lyrics! kate (CY)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was charming in absolutely every way!
    I adore the pinata idea & hope to scraplift it someday :)
    Thank you for the generous freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely take on the challenge! Love the hexagons! It looks so elegant! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job - I like the way the patterns on the paper play off that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super, super page - that pinata bee is such fun and I adore the hexagonal washi - it's lush!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely page. Thanks you playing with us at Challenge YOURself.

    ReplyDelete