Thursday, April 28, 2016

Go With You - An April Mood Board Challenge

Today's layout was super fun to make! I used the April Mood Board over at Jot Magazine.


This photo is from our Hawaii trip. It's at Maui's Iao Valley State Park. Everything is beautiful in Hawaii!

This is the lovely mood board, and I used all but one of the colors.


I saw this adorable "tech tip" over at Scrapbook Circle about how they used a fringe CUT FILE to make their fringe! I said, "Hey! I can do that!" So I whipped up a little fringe cut file, and it made the process SOOOOO much quicker than I had previously done with my little fringe bee. I decided on a sweet little hot air balloon as my fringe shape for this travel page.


I had to use the glitter gold shoes from the mood board - insert lovely GOLD alphas!


The pink really got me too. I had a bunch of pink items from a past Studio Calico kit, so they got put to good use! The I love you ephemera matches perfectly too, even though it is from a Becky Higgins Project Life kit!


Supplies:
Blue, Grey and Pink background papers from various Studio Calico kits
Pink number transparency - Studio Calico
Pink and red stickers - Studio Calico
I love you paper ephemera & clear flower - Becky Higgins September Skies kit
Fringe papers from Studio Calico and Pink Paislee
Die cut - Cricut
Gold Alphas - American Crafts
Pink alphas - Studio Calico

I'm really loving how this turned out & reminiscing about our "babymoon" before our firstborn came along! :)

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'd love to go to Hawaii one day! I'm sure you had the most wonderful time! Lovely work Natalie...thank you for joining in the challenge with Jot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of the colours. thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Jot :-)

    ReplyDelete