Thursday, May 26, 2016

Boy Mom - A Stick it Down Challenge

I used another sketch from Stick it Down for today's post. Not gonna lie - their prize this month is quite enticing!


This is a photo from Mother's Day - my first as a Mommy of two boys!

My journaling talks about how I'm officially a boy mom now, and I must accept all of the things that come along with that blessing. I'm a pretty girly girl, so it will be an adjustment, but I wouldn't have it any other way!


This sketch was different than what I normally use - what with the big circle, but I love how it turned out. I've been enjoying seeing inspiration lately with using threads and textiles a lot on a page, so I tried to do that a bit here with the thread on the wood veneer pieces. I also used some stamping with gray ink as subtle embellishment to bring together the gray on the page.


Supplies:
Paper, home stamps, chipboard sticker, wood veneer, labels - Studio Calico
Alphas - American Crafts
Journal Card - Me and My Big Ideas

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Great job, its awesome that you use pink on a boys layout! Thanks for creating with us at SID!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, love your title. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love your interpretation of the sketch! Cool layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete