Sunday, May 29, 2016

Natalie means Christmas Day - GDT at Lasting Memories

I am so happy to have the opportunity to be a Guest on the Design Team at Lasting Memories this month. It's a really great Challenge month on this blog, and I hope you all will play along. The theme is "All About Me".

Today's Challenge reveal is "The Meaning of My Name," which I love because I love the meaning of my name! It describes me perfectly. My name means "Christmas Day." I absolutely adore Christmas. I could (and do) listen to Christmas music all year round. I love glitter and sparkle, and what other time of year is more sparkly than Christmas?! The smell of Christmas makes me smile, and I literally just adore everything about the holiday season.


I always knew my name meant Christmas, but when I took a Portuguese class and learned that Portuguese for Merry Christmas literally contained my name in Portuguese, Feliz Natal, I always loved that. So I incorporated that phrase into my paper with my Cricut.


This photo is of my husband and myself last Christmas. For our anniversary in October, he bought me tickets to two different concerts, combining my love of great music, Nashville, and Christmas songs! This is the two of us before we went to one of the shows - Drew Holcomb & the Neighbor's Neighborly Christmas at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center. (The dress and no leggings was because it was unseasonably warm - there was a tornado warning!) The other show we attended was a Johnnyswim Christmas at the Ryman. Both super great!


I journaled about my love of Christmas and the concerts on the page here.

Supplies:

Papers, acetate holly - Studio Calico
Fabric tape - stash from garage sale
Name paper - The Paper Studio Off the Bolt

I'm excited for the rest of the month's challenges at Lasting Memories - go play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment