Friday, July 15, 2016

Christmas in July

Happy Friday!

Today I'm bringing you a bit of Christmas in July! I've been working on my December 2015 album. I'm making this separately from my yearly album, mostly because I always tend to run out of space in my 2 volume yearly family album every year! I'm trying my hand at a 6x8. I was hesitant at first because I had attempted one prior and did not love the outcome, but this time around I'm super loving it!

I have a double page spread with a traditional layout and a pocket page.

The right hand traditional layout was created using a sketch from Let's Get Sketchy.


Their sketches are made square for a 12x12, but it was easily adapted for this 6x8.

Here's the double page spread


I really loved the paper I had used for the traditional layout, and I was happy I had enough to make a pocket card as well. Well, almost enough. I had to add a strip of washi to make the last bit of 6 inches, but I actually love how it brought the two pages together, since I had used the washi on the full page under the photo.

Can't get enough of those newborn baby smiles! But they soon tuckered him out. I didn't really have any journaling to put on this page, so I just added patterned background paper and some washi bits to make the photos cohesive. The sequin heart is so wonderful, I felt like it was enough embellishment without needing journaling!


Also, we really don't get tons of pictures of just the two of us around the holidays, so I was glad to get this for a page together.


I'm really getting through this December scrapbook. I hope to feature the pages collectively soon, possibly with a video flip through! :)

Supplies:
Patterned paper - American Crafts (I think)
Doily - Recollections by Michaels
Glitter paper - The Paper Studio
Green polka dots - Basic Grey
Warm and Cozy Washi - A Beautiful Mess
Star Washi - Freckled Fawn
Together - Jasmine Jones for Studio Calico
Gold Sequin Heart - Maggie Holmes

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. love it! thanks so much for joining us at LGS, we love having you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing Christmas ANYTIME! Cute page ad thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful page and beautiful done!Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page!!!! Thanks for joining us @LGS!

    ReplyDelete