Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Little Summer Joy - Lesson 3 pt 2

Today I'm bringing you part 2 of Lesson 3 for Little Summer JOY - Get into YOUR story.


For this lesson, I find that I have much more journaling than photos & embellishments, which goes along with the lesson title nicely. I'm telling stories of my boys.

This layout tells about how my smallest is growing & marks the milestone of him finally saying Mama!

I also told a funny, sweet little story about what my oldest said the other day - without a photo! That hardly ever happens for me. But I didn't have a photo to go with the story, but it had to be told - written down and remembered.


I love how happy this baby is ALL the time! I hope he never changes. I really love this prompt to help capture what our lives are truly like right now.

I also recently had a chance to change my traveler's notebook cover up and make it a little more summery. When I bought it, it came with a separate elastic in a bright orange, so I've applied that as a more summery color.


I added a fun star from Freckled Fawn as a slide. I made a tassel at a Happy Planner class at Michaels Sunday and a friend gave me the other tassel. And I switched out my charm to a little camera.


So I first heard of Midori at the beginning of this year and immediately fell in love. I waited patiently for the husband to buy me one for Valentine's day. But in the meantime, I happened to be shopping at Essex of all places and I found Midori brand elastic bands! I immediately snatched them up since they were way on sale & I've been hoarding them away. But I broke them out so that I can fit 4 notebooks in my TN right now. I have my two LSJ, a personal thoughts book I started when I first received my TN & a listers gotta list that I don't necessarily always gotta do - working on it. Haha.


I plan on subscribing to Cocoa Daisy and doing their Daisydori planner in January too. I loved changing up my Traveler's Notebook & I already have big plans to decorate it for our Disney Christmas trip too! Haha.

It's not too late to start your own little summer joy project! And don't forget to share your work with the hashtag!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment