Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Little Summer JOY week 3 - Share Your Story pt 1

Hello everyone!

I hope you are continuing to enjoy the Little Summer JOY course! New content was uploaded in the online classroom this week for the paid portion of the class, and it was amazing!

I'm loving Marie's lesson about Getting into Your Story! It's about noticing and documenting the little things that make up your day, which is something I think about a lot with two small children who are growing so so quickly. I don't want to forget all the little things that make up our everyday lives together!

My first layout for this prompt in my TN is the sweetest little photo of my 3 1/2 year old. He has recently shown interest in scrapbooking & I'm eating it up! He came into my office the other day and said, "Mommy, I want to work on my scrapbook." So I jumped to it! I pulled out old papers and stickers I would never use again and instructed him to go get his own art kit, and I set him up a little station in the floor. He's now created two 8.5x11 pages. They don't match and they're haphazard and he used a whole sheet of sparkly turtle stickers on one page because he thought they were beautiful. It's the perfect representation of his little 3 year old self, and I hope he will always show an interest in documenting life!


I wrote about how I attempt to tell his story, but I can only tell my version, and I really encourage him to tell his own version. I know at some point in life it may not be cool for dudes to scrapbook, but I hope he will continue doing something that will encase himself and what he is thinking, doing, seeing at each time in his life.


I wanted to keep the layout simple with muted colors, so as to not distract from the sweet sweet photo! I have an old dictionary I found at a thrift store that I use to tear pages when I need a studious background. :)

Supplies:
Paper - Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss stack
Gray Alphas - Amy Tangerine
White grid alphas - Thickers
white alphas - Studio Calico

Thanks for looking & I cannot wait to see everyone's projects on Instagram! Remember to share them with the hashtag #LittleSummerJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, how cute. Maybe he didn't want those sparkly turtles to be lonely, so he puts lots of them together!!

    ReplyDelete