Monday, January 30, 2017

The Deathly Hallows - A Stuck?! sketch

Hey Everybody!

Today I'm bringing you a new page, and I have to admit, it is one of the favorites I have made in a while!

I used a wonderful sketch from the awesome Stuck?! sketches blog. I documented my first tattoo & a quote that sheds a little light into what it means (I journaled the entire story of the meaning behind my tattoo in my TN for future reference...).


Here is the original sketch:


I was definitely inspired by the diagonal, and LOOOOONG title for sure! Haha!


I got my tattoo shortly after my Grandmother passed, during which I was re-reading the Harry Potter books. I love the idea of allowing one to greet death as an old friend, rather than have it unceremoniously take you miserably from this world.



It's more than just a book or a story when it relates to your own life & makes you see things in new ways.

Supplies:
Gray Paper - Craftsmith
Black Triangle paper - Mambi, Me and My Big Ideas
Vellum Triangle paper - Seven for Studio Calico
Black alphas - Studio Calico
Deathly Hallows paper strip - Reminsce Wizarding 101
Gray alpha paper - DCWV
Tags/ephemera - Art Deco & Tim Holtz
Vellum written on by Cricut
Deathly Hallows seal - from Universal Studios
Oh and that's a brown paper bag too.

Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

  1. What a powerful way to document our tattoo and death of your grandmother all in one amazing page, I love the texture and the way you did our tile! I am sorry tat you missed our deadline (always the 29th, but Feb.) but am so happy that you found our sketch inspiring and that you created a page that you love! Laura xo

    ReplyDelete