Sunday, January 29, 2017

This is Us - A LM challenge with a SID sketch

Hello, friends!

Today I'm bringing you a double dipper -  I used a prompt from Lasting Memories, starting a LOVELY month of Valentine's challenges, with a sketch from the lovely Stick it Down blog.

The challenge from Lasting Memories this week is to use the word LOVE to inspire the supplies or techniques used to create your layout.


I used Layers, an Overlay, Vellum and Ephemera. LOVE!

Here's the inspiring sketch from Stick it Down:

I don't watch This is Us (I know that is blasphemy to many of you, I just don't need to watch a dramatic show that makes me have all the feels, life has enough feels!). However, the title is perfect for these photos that really demonstrate my husband's and my relationship.


I wanted to use these large white letters, but when I put them on the busy heart paper, they didn't stand out sufficiently. So I used my watercolors to bring the pops of green from my pattern paper to my title.

Also, give me all the puffy letter stickers! Am I right!?


That overlay gave me exactly what I needed at the bottom of this photo in that negative space! Thank goodness for the O in love and the lack of many supplies that fit that letter!

Supplies:
Patterned papers - Becky Higgins Project life Sunshine collection
black and white and green strips - Studio Calico
puffy alphas - Studio Calico
white alphas - Target
stamps - studio calico and stampin' up

Thanks for looking & I hope you will join us at Lasting Memories for the weekly challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Natalie....love your paper choices and title!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice page and great title. hanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen-DT for Stick it Down
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the same sketch for my Love layout too. Like your bright take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hexagon paper is so fun! I like what you did with the US and watercolours. Thanks for creating with us at SID!

    ReplyDelete