Sunday, February 26, 2017

Wishmaker Extraordinaire! - a LM challenge

Happy Sunday, friends!

I can hardly believe we're starting the month of March this week! My friends over at Lasting Memories have a great month of birthday themed challenges headed your way.

This week's challenge is to use a fabulous sketch from the talented Laura Whitaker, and create a birthday themed layout with it.


Here's the original sketch:


My boys had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday party last November, so that inspired my green color scheme.

I won this 6x6 paper pack - Crate Paper Party Day - a while back, and it was so perfect to include a bunch of different shades of green. 

I gessoed the page, and tinted my texture paste with some Heidi Swapp shine. I used my cricut to cut my shapes.


I picked up these Amy Tangerine little puffy letters at Tuesday Morning the other day & I adore them! I wish they had 10 more packs!

The Wishmaker word is Studio Calico rub-ons on vellum. I thought they helped tie in the corals, yellows and oranges well.


I added a fun piece of acetate paper over one of the photos because the green banners were too good to pass up on this page, and it helps break up how closely the photos resemble one another.


I had fun creating this page, but I wish this boy would stop growing! 

Supplies:

Gray cardstock - Craftsmith
Green texture paste - Heidi Swapp color shine
Green and white border paper - Becky Higgins
 Birthday circle and tag papers - Crate Paper party day
Rub on alphas & stickers - Studio Calico
Green alphas - Amy Tangerine
Perfect stick - Me and my Big Ideas



Thanks for looking & I hope you will join this week's challenge over at Lasting Memories!

1 comment: