Friday, June 16, 2017

Cool Pool Dude - a SID sketch

It's Fri-YAY!

I hope you are planning a relaxing, Father-lovin' weekend.

I'm bringing you another cruise vacation layout today using an awesome sketch from the wonderful Stick It Down blog.


Here is the original sketch:


I had so much fun with this!

I loved how the paper seemed to fade on the original sketch, so I tried to recreate that a bit.]

I gessoed my patterned white paper in a faded way and placed a transparency over the gessoed portion. Then I used gesso again along the seam and used HS Metallic Texture paste with a triangle pattern (to match the boy's bathing suit). I love how it turned out!



I've been working on remembering my pop dots lately!



I also used this fab mood board from my Paper Issues friends:


I just loved how BRIGHT it is, so I totally went with it with this pink/orange paper I've been hoarding for years. I was also influence by the popsicles, our current family obsession!


He is such a cool pool dude! :)

and we for sure had


Thanks for looking!!

Supplies:

Pink/orange paper - Doodlebug
Diamond paper - Pink Paislee
transparency paper - American Crafts
Ephemera -  Pebbles
Chipboard - me and my big ideas
Texture Paste and stencil - Heidi Swapp
Green alphas - Amy Tangerine
Yellow alphas - Fancy Pants
dude alphas - Sassafrass
Pink cloud sticker - Studio Calico




6 comments:

  1. Lots of bold and bright colors. Thanks for joining us over at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing artwork! Love the colors and the photos :) Thank you for plaing with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colourful page. THanks for joining us at Stick it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and summery! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! Mixed media on point. Thanks for creating with us at SID!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright colors on this page. Really summery! :)
    Thanks for sharing with SID!

    ReplyDelete