Monday, July 31, 2017

Santa Hugs!

Well Scrappy Christmas in July is winding down, but I have one more layout to share!

I just could not  love these sweet Santa photos from Hollywood Studios more! My son running with open arms to see Santa Claus is completely priceless and so precious.


I've been using a new circle punch a lot lately, and I"m loving it. I'm much more likely to use many circles when I don't have to cut a ton with my cricut.


Recently on a Scrap Gals episode, they discussed foiling, and a suggestion was made to use your foil on adhesive items. I had these adhesive Thickers from Tuesday Morning for a while. I tried to use them with glitter once, as advertised on the label. The glitter stuck alright, but I will tell you, this foil was magical! It went on so smoothly, it was wonderful.


I used some washi tape on the bottom strip of my layout, but I was afraid to sew through that bit!


I did a zig zag stitch through my circle border then a straight line stitch. I double up some vellum to give the santa picture a bit of pop, and I accented with gold.


I always lean toward the traditional red & green on my Christmas layouts, but I just LOVE it!

I created this layout with the Hip Kit Club design team call in mind, so cross your fingers for me! It would be so dreamy.

I hope you've been inspired to finish some holiday layouts during this Scrappy Christmas in July!

Supplies:
Red striped paper, gold hearts, hello and gingham papers - Studio Calico
Green dots paper -- Basic Grey
Dark red paper and washi- American Crafts
Green plus paper - Echo Park
Gold sequin star - Maggie Holmes Crate paper
Gold glitter stars - Studio Calico
glitter chipboard - Me and My Big Ideas
Alphas - Thickers by American Crafts


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment