Friday, August 11, 2017

Summer Vibes with my Guys

Happy Fri-yay, people!

I'm really digging on some Summer layouts lately, so today I'm bringing you another!

I was inspired by my friends over at Paper Issues and their Working Title Challenge to use Summer in your title.

 

Y'all! They had this beautiful Simple Stories Summer Vibes collection for $5 at my Hob Lob! What?!

Can I also just say that I totally just had to go look at the name of the collection & it's part of my title?! Maybe I subconsciously knew it? IDK. I think I'm just totally in sync with my LOVE - Simple Stories.


I'm such a frugal crafter (read: hoarder) that of course I couldn't just use the ENTIRE PIECE of my favorite paper from the collection on one page. So, I cut a border from this gorgeous  hombre, sunset inspired paper, and went all Missified with my stamp inks and packaging smooshing on some white cardstock.

I smooshed some turquoise/aqua at the top, coral and pink in the middle & orange at the bottom. I was quite happy with the effect.


One can never have too many layers, AIR?!

True confession: My cricut mat is in need of replacing, so after it butchered some of the cloud cut files, I couldn't ask it to cut me some paper strip borders. I used my circle punch to create a couple of scalloped borders!


The larger cloud is fussy cut from the SS collection, but the others are from cricut.


I adore the label stickers from the collection! the little confetti stickers went great with my Heidi Swapp shine splatters.


This particular photo only too about 100 shots. He kept holding his breath and going under before I could snap it!


I loved using the stickers with an hombre affect to match the papers. Blue atop and pinks/corals down below. Man, I love lazy pool days with my boys!

I had so much fun creating this mixed media, summertastic layout!

Supplies:
All papers and stickers - Simple Stories Summer Vibes
Guys alphas - Amy Tangerine
Other alphas - SS Summer Vibes
Inks -  Stampin Up
Splatters - Heidi Swapp Shine


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment