Friday, September 22, 2017

Scrappy Besties - A Stuck?! sketch & a Sketch in Thyme PL sketch

Well it's been a min, huh?!

Seriously getting into my family's busiest season, but I've got to stay on track with my scrapbooking!

Today I'm bringing a fun layout I created with the most recent Stuck?! sketch.


Here's the original sketch:

I must've been waiting for the exact perfect STAMPS to create this layout. I used my new Beautiful Mess set from The Ink Road stamps shop.

Cheryl is someone I was paired up for a pocket pals Disney swap. Well, we sure hit it off over our love of Disney and scrapbooking, and not having anyon in real life who "gets" our type of scrapbooking! We talk almost every day! I was super excited to meet her and her family on our last Disney trip, and these are the pages documenting it.


I used some of the fun sentiments from this crafty set about my Scrappy  Bestie! I popped them up with foam dots around a cute Minnie frame.



I started out trying to do a red and white page, but I couldn't find enough red with the bright white. So I made my own background paper by embossing Minnie's bow in white on red paper, and I used my clearsnap smooch to color some white flower yellow to bring that bit of added color throughout the page.


We both agreed we do not love the photo, but we are memory keepers, and we realize it is important to tell the story anyway! We will just have to go to WDW again and take another!!

I used the little pushpin stamp to tab my hidden journaling card behind the photo.


I found this one final perfect blue flower to help bring that color to the bottom of the page!

I embossed the texture pasted castles with iridescent glitter, and I also stamped an iridescent glitter Minnie bow to math the background paper, but it apparently doesn't photograph well.


I love it!

So I also completed the corresponding pocket pages where I included photos of the boys playing together at Disney Springs.

I used a fun sketch from Sketches in Thyme Project Life to create a card for this layout.


It says "Dis BFF" as our boys took to each other well and quickly! So sweet!

Here's the original sketch:

Here is the card within the entire PL page:


And here's the backside, which includes my 4 year old's photog skills!


I"m still plowing through and playing catch up on my Pocket Palooza 100 days project. This was part of it. Not giving up!

Thanks for checking out my layouts today!

3 comments:

  1. Your layout is beautiful and so is your project life layout! You did a great job with our sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at SIT PL Style! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page, love the bold colours! I am drawn to them myself lately! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout and the pocket layout as well! Great work! Thanks for joining us at SIT PL Style!

    ReplyDelete